6.19.2009

Alexander Wang does the GAP

Not since the pre-millennium, have I paid much attention to the GAP clothing stores. Even though I worked there on 2 separate occasion during my college years, I have lost complete interest. I tried to give it a go when Designer Patrick Robinson, was named head creative director a year or two ago. But it was a no go. I suppose with all the competition of the H&M's of the world (another store I try to avoid), the GAP has become pretty clever at catching on, and trying new ways to catch the consumer’s eye.

I was walking up 5th avenue yesterday and to my surprise the GAP stores have began their 2nd collaboration with CFDA winner Alexander Wang. A designer known for his young, fresh, slightly punkish vibe. Who creates both men and womens wear for his own signature line. The Gap capsule collection for women consists of all cotton Khaki fabric, a longstanding GAP Trademark. I must say, I was really loving the pieces, enough to do some internet research....and then blog about it! Khaki Motorcycle jackets, pleated narrow khaki pants, ethnic printed dresses. Very clean, simple and fresh, and most importantly... modern.

No comments: