8.27.2009

So Very Hollywood Dahling!

September is great for a lot of different reasons. The Spring runway shows are shown, the changing of the weather....my Birthday. But something I look forward to quite a bit , I must say, are designer's ad campaigns for their Fall collection. It always pretty exciting. Its not so much about the clothes, those I can see through photos of their runway shows. Its more about the photography, the models, the mood, the direction. How the designer decides to interept the clothes for commercial sale, while still keeping their images and artistic integrity. One campaign that has stood out to me is for Michael Kors. I love it! To sum it up its Hollywood Glamour. Which is something i'm not usually into. Buts done in a such a real way, that only Michael could do. The campaign was shot by Photographer Mario Testino, and stars supermodel Carmen Kass (Women Management) and Noah Mills (Wilhelmina). The campign for the fall collection and his new frangrance "Very Hollywood" go hand in hand. I wonder if the time spent in LA filming the current season of Project Runway, inpired Michael this season. My guess would be yes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the warm yellow, overexposure look, sort of almost obscuring the images. It makes it appear as though these shots weren't intended to be shared, but provide just enough focus on the clothing.