9.12.2008

TommyBoy








Tommy Hilfiger Spring 09
I can remember being a kid, and my mom buying me Tommy Hilfiger clothes for Christmas. and then the next day returning them back to the department store. My mom baffled, then asks me her famous question, that I've heard so many times in my lifetime, " isn't that what the kids are wearing?" Tommy has never been my cup of tea. PETA's slogan is "I'd rather go naked then wear fur, well I had rathered go naked than wear Tommy Hilfiger.....back then. Early in his career He had the audacity to put himself on the same level as Ralph Lauren and Calvin Klein.

No!
How do you have a full collection, runway presentation and all, with nothing but jeans, and hoodies, and t-shirt, with your name all over it, and call yourself a designer. Well it was only a matter of time, until things statred going down hill. A few years ago TH took some time away from presenting his collection, and then reemerged about 2 years ago. And I have to say. Every season since then, its been getting better and better. Last season, Fall08, was probaly one of my favorite shows of that season. This season for Spring09, things were a bit toned down. The women's collection, could have used a bit my bang, but none-the-less, it was well put together.

Its all about taking a moment, taking a step back, chill a bit, focus, planning, then reemerge harcore, and Execute. With the slogan "how you like me now" spray painted across your chest. We all can take a lesson, from time to time.

No comments: