9.11.2008

Dapper, Dandy, Preppy...with a cherry on top!







Thom Browne: Spring 2009 Collection
Its always interesting to see where men's fashion goes, and how it evolves year after year. One year all guys are wearing super baggy jeans, five years later its super skinny. One look that seems to be really big right now, is this dapper/prepster look. Bowties, repp ties, cardigan, v-neck sweaters, etc. I guess Kanye has a lot to do with this. I definitely have more than my fair share of cardigans in my closet, but I'm starting to get kinda bored with it. Maybe because its popping up everywhere. And like everything, its only a matter of time, until it really catches up with the masses, and becomes completely passe.

One NYC collection (amongst others) I look forward to checking out each season is Thom Browne. I would describe his look as American classic prepster on drugs....In a good way. Sort of a Ralph Lauren, with a twisted sense of humor. But I'm curious to see how his look will evolve in, say, the next 5 years (if the label still exist) once mens fashion shifts onto something else. He's been doing this "look" consistently for the last couple of season. But theres only so many times you can reinterpret a look before you start to repeat yourself. But for now it seems to work.

No comments: