2.16.2010

Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 collection

Marc Jacobs Fall 2010 Collection
February 15, 2010 @ 8pm
Lexington Armory, NYC

I am only attending one show this season. And being a huge fan of designer Marc Jacobs, I was excited to attend his show for the Fall 2010 collection last night. And I was not dissapointed. The last few season have been interesting for Marc. After trying some experimental concepts (none really favorable by myself), he seems to have gone back to the basics, and did what he did best: luxorious uncomplicated American clothes with an edge. Yes, the video I shot with my FLIP camera, is horrible. After trying to get a few shots for my loyal readers, I decided to put the camera down and just enjoy the show. You can peep Vogue Editor Anna Wintour across the way from me.

The colors were mostly a muted pallete of soft and darker greys, beiges and soft blues, with occasional pop of yellow, which seem to really work. There was a nice mix of simple patterns used. A large bold black and grey Herringbone pattern, that popped up a few times in coats and skirts. Also a jumble pattern of brown, black, light grey houndstooth on one of the skirt(see photo), definitely a favorite. And something different for Marc was a few eveninwear looks towards the end, that I could see making an appearance on the occasional red carpet. This was classic Marc Jacobs show, yet upgraded. I rate it a 9.5!
View the entire collection HERE.
photos from Style.com

No comments: